Academic Preparation Programmes
Beula Park Academy offers assistance and support for matriculants and international learners wanting to commence with tertiary studies.
These courses will help you to:
- Prepare academically
- Improve your English language level
- Enhance your study skills
- Improve your computer and digital literacy
Study towards you TOEFL qualification at Beula Park Academy. The TOEFL test is the most widely respected English-language test in the world, recognized by more than 9,000 colleges, universities and agencies in more than 130 countries, including Australia, Canada, the U.K. and the United States. Wherever you want to study, the TOEFL test can help you get there.
Beula Park Academy offers tuition and support for students wanting to attempt the TOEFL examination in South Africa and our resource centre offers a variety of tools and online platforms to help you prepare.
Beula Park Academy provides an exciting course to equip students with the necessary study skills to prepare for tertiary studies.
Study skills are the skills you need to enable you to study and learn efficiently – they are an important set of transferable life skills.
Key points about study skills:
- You will develop your own personal approach to study and learning in a way that meets your own individual needs. As you develop your study skills you will discover what works for you, and what doesn’t.
- Study skills are not subject specific – they are generic and can be used when studying any area. You will, of course, need to understand the concepts, theories and ideas surrounding your specific subject area. To get the most out of your studies, however, you’ll want to develop your study skills.
- You need to practise and develop your study skills. This will increase your awareness of how you study and you’ll become more confident. Once mastered, study skills will be beneficial throughout your life.
- Study skills are not just for students. Study skills are transferable – you will take them with you beyond your education into new contexts. For example, organisational skills, time management, prioritising, learning how to analyse, problem solving, and the self-discipline that is required to remain motivated. Study skills relate closely to the type of skills that employers look for.
Beula Park Academy offers the Microsoft Digital Literacy course to matriculants, international students and SMBs wanting to improve their digital literacy.
Whether you are new to computing or have some experience, Digital Literacy will help you develop a fundamental understanding of computers. The courses help you learn the essential skills to begin computing with confidence, be more productive at home and at work, stay safe online, use technology to complement your lifestyle, and consider careers where you can put your skills to work.Features five courses that cover computer basics; using the internet and productivity programs; security and privacy; and digital lifestyles. These five courses use examples and simulations from Windows 8 and Microsoft Office 2013
This course features five courses that cover computer basics; using the internet and productivity programs; security and privacy; and digital lifestyles. These five courses use examples and simulations from Windows 8 and Microsoft Office 2013